UpToDate Provider Training
What is UpToDate?
UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authorized clinical knowledge system helping clinicians make informed point-of-care decisions. UpToDate's more than 5,100 world-renowned physician authors, editors and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality.
More than 700,000 clinicians in 158 countries and almost 90% of academic medical centers in the U.S. rely on UpToDate, and more than 30 research studies confirm UpToDate's widespread usage and association with improved patient care and hospital performance, including reduced length of stay, adverse complications and mortality.
UpToDate and HCA
The single sign-on feature will provide HCA affiliated clinicians seamless access to evidence-based clinical reference from their mobile devices. They will have access to UpToDate and earn CME credits from any point of access as long as they maintain affiliation.
How To Access The UPTODATE Mobile Application
Completing UpToDate Mobile Application Initial Login and Registration using HCA Single Sign-On
- Step 1: Download the UpToDate mobile app
- Step 2: Open the app and click the "Use Your Institutional Account" link
- Step 3: Select HCA from the drop-down menu and click Sign In
- Step 4: You'll be redirected to the HCA single sign-on log in portal
- Step 5: Enter your 3-4 ID and password
- Important: ALL users must read and accept HCA User terms; and check agreement box to advance to registration page.
- Step 6: After checking accept box and logging in, you'll be redirected back into the mobile app and automatically logged in.
- Step 7: After logging in, you'll be redirected back into the mobile app and automatically logged in.
Once registration is complete, the user does not need to log in again to access the UTD app.
NOTE: Use of the UpToDate mobile app and it's content is only permitted when the user is engaged in services or activities that benefit an HCA hospital or its patients.
Using the UpToDate Mobile App
Once the UpToDate Mobile app is downloaded and registration is complete, you are ready to use UpToDate from your smartphone.
UpToDate Mobile app can be downloaded on up to 2 devices (Smartphone & iPad)
Continue to earn CME/CE credits with the UpToDate Mobile app.