Health Information Exchange in the Medical City Healthcare
HCA’s Health Information Exchange (HIE) enables interconnectivity and data sharing across multiple care settings within an enterprise and provides a longitudinal view of a patient record that is up-to-date in near real-time. This record consists of combined data from MEDITECH, Epic and eClinicalWorks (eCW) with information from other EHR’s coming soon. From a single location, users have the ability to access and review patient records via the integrated “HIE Tab”, while HCA’s physicians have access to an aggregated patient records via a link from MEDITECH or the Patient Keeper Physician Portal. Epic users can access HIE data using its Care Everywhere feature.
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Green Oaks
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical Center of Plano
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Forth Worth
- Provides a longitudinal view of the health record of a patient
- Allows for two-way exchange of patient information with other systems.
- Physician affinity by offering convenience and connecting providers.
- Quality care and outcomes by integrating in-patient, emergency department and ambulatory care settings.
- Connections with federal entities and public health reporting agencies to share data.
- Enterprise connectivity
- Workflow management