Dear Medical City Healthcare physicians,
In IT&S, we say that the physician experience is everyone’s responsibility. In this article, I am excited to highlight some of the applications and upgrades that we implemented to better serve you in 2016. I will also offer a look ahead at the groundbreaking technologies planned for our physicians in 2017.
2016 Physician Improvements
In addition to launching this provider resource website at www.MedicalCityDoc.com, IT&S partnered with physicians across the Medical City Healthcare network to bring you the following technologies:
- Implemented ePrescribe software, which gives physicians the ability to electronically transmit discharge prescriptions, including controlled substances, to pharmacies.
- Went live with iMobile, a secure text messaging app that allows physicians to share patient information with other care team members efficiently and confidentially, at Medical City Dallas.
- Launched ScriptRx, an emergency room discharge tool that streamlines the referral process and increases the likelihood that patients will adhere to their treatment plan.
- Piloted PatientKeeper Notewriter at Medical City Dallas, making our physicians the first in HCA to capture notes for charts without accessing Meditech.
- Streamlined workflow by introducing PatientKeeper ImageLink and Charge Capture, enabling physicians to view radiology images and input charges to the billing team directly from PatientKeeper.
- Enabled unlimited access to AirStrip ONE™ OB, which allows clinicians to monitor the health status of each mother and baby from their smartphone or tablet.
- Integrated text message functionality into the Primary Care Provider (PCP) notification application, which allows providers to choose how and when to be notified for patient healthcare events at all Medical City facilities.
- Collaborated with physicians to automatically deliver their patients’ real-time Meditech reports directly to their practices’ electronic medical record via HUB Integrations.
- Provided physicians with free, unlimited access to UpToDate, an evidence-based clinical support resource.
In 2017, IT&S will keep up the momentum by expanding current programs and continuing to introduce new technologies that make it easier for physicians to practice in our hospitals.
- Rolling out PatientKeeper Notewriter to all facilities and continuing to add physician-requested improvements, such as system-based critical care templates and better display of data in Meditech from PatientKeeper. We will also be enhancing mobile imaging access and releasing the Android-friendly PatientKeeper 8.2 mobile app.
- Implementing ScriptRx at all emergency departments.
- Expanding our use of AirStrip ONE™ to allow physicians to view EKGs on their mobile devices.
- Deploying iMobile at Medical City Plano.
- Introducing a new Meditech feature that will blink to visually alert physicians if additional patient data exists in the Health Information Exchange.
- Eliminating the need for separate login information for GE PACS. Instead, physicians can use the same network credentials as they do for Meditech, PatientKeeper and other systems.
I hope you will agree that the new technologies implemented in 2016 are helping physicians provide excellent patient care every single day. I am excited for each of you to join us as we continue to develop customized solutions that meet your needs.
To learn more or get involved, please contact your facility IT&S team or a member of administration.
Chief Information Officer
Medical City Healthcare