Here are some of the resources available to you.
Collaborating with physicians to offer world-class patient care
“What can we do to make it easier, faster and more efficient for physicians and their patients to connect with the information, resources and services they need?”
This is the question we ask ourselves every day. It’s also why we survey our providers annually, giving them a formal opportunity to express feedback regarding their relationship with our hospital services.
At Medical City Healthcare, we are committed to giving physicians a strong voice, increased capacity, clinical capabilities and opportunities for growth.
Working collaboratively with physicians, we design a responsive, efficient patient care environment that promotes physician autonomy while enabling mutually beneficial growth. Together, we deliver excellence always in quality, convenient, personalized health care.
For questions or technology solutions customized to your practice, contact your Provider Solutions Specialist or call the Physician Support Hotline at (877) 422-2060.
Collaborating on Patient Care
Raise the Bar
Care Like Family
Physician Engagement Survey
Health Information Exchange (HIE)
Graduate Medical Education
Convenient access to your patient information
We know that having access to your patient information when and where you need it is critical. Every solution we offer is designed to make it convenient, flexible and secure to access your patient data.
- PatientKeeper — quick and easy access to patient information via the PatientKeeper mobile app. Write notes, view images, sign deficiencies, exchange messages and more.
- Remote Access — Virtual desktop technology offers easy access to key applications like Meditech, PatientKeeper and PACS. Compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac and iPad.
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) — Bi-directional exchange of continuity of care documents in near real-time. Enables interconnectivity to meet meaningful user requirements.
- Scheduling Express — Web-based tool enables surgeons and scheduling staff to view all of their scheduled OR patients, procedures and blocks.
- MedicalCityDoc.com — This site offers an online resource for remote network access, patient admissions and transfers, provider credentialing, important forms and more.
- Provider Notification — Choose how and when to be notified for patient healthcare events at all Medical City Healthcare facilities. Receive text, fax or email alerts.
Healthcare excellence and innovation
We are committed to putting patients first by providing advanced, pioneering care grounded in evidence-based medicine.
- Transfer Center — Use one phone number (888-588-9337) any time your patients need care at one of our facilities. Our centralized Transfer Center will coordinate patient placement.
- SPOT Tool (Sepsis Prevention and Optimization Therapy) — Your sickest patients are safe with us. SPOT uses artificial intelligence to detect sepsis and accelerate treatment approximately six hours earlier than traditional methods.
- Nursing Focus — You will see the difference in our caregivers. Our HCA Healthcare Center for Clinical Advancement offers leading-edge simulation learning opportunities for nurses and nurse residents.
- Research Leaders — Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Medical City Healthcare provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures your patients have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute is one of the world’s leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials throughout the U.S. and UK. Sarah Cannon’s network of strategic sites includes more than 275 physicians who engage in research. The organization has led more than 500+ first-in-man clinical trials since its inception in 1993, and has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years. We are committed to putting patients first by providing advanced, pioneering care grounded in evidence-based medicine.
Tools to help patients manage their health
Consumers are savvier about their health than ever before. We provide tools that help them use technology to access their medical information, make appointments and get the health-related answers they’re looking for.
- MyHealthONE — MyHealthONE’s secure online portal enables patients to manage their health journey. Patients can easily schedule an appointment, access recent hospital visits and view lab and test results.
- Care Assure — Clinically trained nurse navigators guide patients through their healthcare journey by answering questions and facilitating follow-up appointments.
Opportunities to learn and grow
Medicine changes nearly as fast as technology, so we offer ways to help medical professionals stay current and connected.
- UpToDate — Free, unlimited access to UpToDate, an evidence-based clinical support resource. Also offers Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) — Take part in the future of medicine through our residency and fellowship programs with UNT Health Science Center and TCU.
Tools and technology to help keep you safe
Safety is always our top priority for our patients, colleagues and physician partners.
- HCA Alert — Your safety is important to us. Opt-in to receive email or text notifications for severe weather and other emergencies.
- LiveSafe — Easily report tips or call/text security with the click of a button. Download the LiveSafe app to your smartphone or computer.
Medical City Healthcare fast facts 2022
Medical City Healthcare's network includes 16 hospitals in North Texas, comprising:
- 3,696 licensed beds
- 4 off–campus emergency rooms
- 12 ambulatory surgery centers
- 46 CareNow Urgent Care centers
- 17,000 employees
- 5,000 active physicians
- 6,000 nurses
- 1,100 volunteers
- 160,000 patient admissions
- 1.3 million outpatient visits
- 582,000 ER visits
- 97,000 surgeries
- 19,100 babies delivered
- 12,100 COVID–19 patients
- 6 Magnet® hospitals recognized for nursing excellence on 10 campuses
- 3 accredited Comprehensive Stroke Centers
- 11 trauma centers
- Only Level I Trauma Center in Collin County
- 1 burn center
Additionally, Medical City Healthcare is proud of its positive community impact, including:
- $304 million in charity & unreimbursed care
- $73 million in property, sales and federal income taxes
- $5 billion in economic impact